On a red light:
- Cars stop behind the white line
- Bicycles stop in the green box
When light turns green:
- Bicycles go first
- Right-turning cars, check for bicycles before turning
Shared Lane: Respect it.
- Bicycles and cars share the road.
- Cars, wait behind bicycles until it is safe to pass.
- When passing give the bicycle one-metre safe passing clearance.
Right Turn: Check It.
- Cars and bicycles, be aware of each other at intersections.
- Right-turning cars, when the line is solid, yield to bicycles and pedestrians and turn when safe.
Green Paint: Look for it.
- Green paint helps all road users see the cycling lane.
- Look for green paint at intersections, driveways and laneways.
Bus Space: Share it.
- Buses fully enter the bike lane to pick up/drop off passengers at the curb. Wait for the lane to be clear before entering.
- Bicycles watch for the buses turn signal. Wait behind bus or pass on the left when it is safe.
Banner photo by Max Bender on Unsplash